Sherlock Holmes Magazine Issue 6, Autumn 2021. Postage is calculated when you check out.
🇪🇺 IMPORTANT NOTE: Magazines are sent on a Delivered Duty Unpaid basis. This means that if you live in the European Union, your magazines may be subject to addtional import duty levied by customs and you may be required to pay duty and administration fees before copies of the magazine are released to you by your post office or mail delivery service.
Details of what's inside Issue 6 of Sherlock Holmes Magazine:
- Holmes under the Hammer: The story of how Hammer adapted the most famous of all Holmes stories for the big screen – and ran into trouble creating a sufficiently scary Hound
- Paris, Poe and the apprenticeship of Sherlock Holmes: Billy Rough talks to award-winning author Stephen Volk
- Sherlockian Scribblings: David Stuart Davies discusses modern-day presentations of Holmes, including the BBC’s Sherlock, Elementary and the Sherlock Holmes films.
- Illustrating The Sign of the Four
- Meet the Gillettes: T Rick Jones interviews the couple who have played William and Helen Gillette at the actor’s former home Gillette Castle for almost twenty years
- The Case of the Missing Lady: The disappearance of Agatha Christie caused a global sensation, and despite a massive investigation, the novelist could not be found. In desperation, police asked for help – from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Was Watson, Holmes? Bruce Harris asks a startling question. Were Watson and Holmes the same person?
- Scotland Yard versus Sherlock Holmes: Daniel L Friedman and Eugene B Friedman investigate Holmes’s relationship with the officers of the London police force
- To boldly go where no Sherlockian has gone before: Nicko Vaughan casts an irreverent eye over a made-for-schools programme featuring Leonard Nimoy as the great detective
- Una Stubbs tribute: A look at the career of the woman described as “the irreplaceable heart and soul” of BBC Sherlock
- Sentimental Sherlock: Johanna Draper Carlson discusses The Blanched Soldier and the case of a missing Watson
- Moriarty the mathematician: How two Oxford dons imagined the maths of Moriarty for the big screen
- Facing my Fears: For novelist Tim Major, the prospect of penning a Sherlock Holmes novel was a daunting one
- Plus: The latest Holmesian news, books, Mrs Hudson's Diary, crossword and cartoon