Sherlock Holmes Magazine Issue 6, Autumn 2021. Postage is calculated when you check out.
Details of what's inside Issue 6 of Sherlock Holmes Magazine:
- Holmes under the Hammer: The story of how Hammer adapted the most famous of all Holmes stories for the big screen – and ran into trouble creating a sufficiently scary Hound
- Paris, Poe and the apprenticeship of Sherlock Holmes: Billy Rough talks to award-winning author Stephen Volk
- Sherlockian Scribblings: David Stuart Davies discusses modern-day presentations of Holmes, including the BBC’s Sherlock, Elementary and the Sherlock Holmes films.
- Illustrating The Sign of the Four
- Meet the Gillettes: T Rick Jones interviews the couple who have played William and Helen Gillette at the actor’s former home Gillette Castle for almost twenty years
- The Case of the Missing Lady: The disappearance of Agatha Christie caused a global sensation, and despite a massive investigation, the novelist could not be found. In desperation, police asked for help – from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Was Watson, Holmes? Bruce Harris asks a startling question. Were Watson and Holmes the same person?
- Scotland Yard versus Sherlock Holmes: Daniel L Friedman and Eugene B Friedman investigate Holmes’s relationship with the officers of the London police force
- To boldly go where no Sherlockian has gone before: Nicko Vaughan casts an irreverent eye over a made-for-schools programme featuring Leonard Nimoy as the great detective
- Una Stubbs tribute: A look at the career of the woman described as “the irreplaceable heart and soul” of BBC Sherlock
- Sentimental Sherlock: Johanna Draper Carlson discusses The Blanched Soldier and the case of a missing Watson
- Moriarty the mathematician: How two Oxford dons imagined the maths of Moriarty for the big screen
- Facing my Fears: For novelist Tim Major, the prospect of penning a Sherlock Holmes novel was a daunting one
- Plus: The latest Holmesian news, books, Mrs Hudson's Diary, crossword and cartoon